Market Manipulation Seminar
IFS Malta is teaming up with Dr James Debono from Ganado Advocates to bring you an information session about Market Manipulation
Dr James Debono is an Associate within GANADO Advocates’ Banking and Finance team, assisting institutional as well as start up clients on various regulatory matters, particularly in the fields of fintech, blockchain and crowdfunding. Besides being involved in assisting listed entities in their share disclosure obligations and other duties under the Listing Rules, James advises clients on corporate matters including formation of companies, corporate governance and general company law.
This seminar will delve into the negative effects of insider trading and market manipulation on the financial markets. The course will explore the evolution of the Maltese and EU’s anti-market abuse regimes, all of which aim to ensure fair and stable markets, and the sanctions applicable to violations of such laws. Such training will also highlight potential red flags of market abuses, and how these can be prevented, even in innovative financial sectors, such as the virtual financial assets regime.
- What is market abuse?
- Rationale for regulating market abuse
- Evolution of market abuse regime
- Maltese and EU sources of law and regulation
- Main prohibitions on insider dealing
- Prohibitions on market manipulation
- Duties & disclosure obligations
- Market soundings
- Prevention and detection of abuse
- Practical cases of market abuse and potential red flags
- List of Insiders, Suspicious transaction and order reports (STORs) and PDMR
- Prevention of Market Abuse in the Virtual Financial Assets Sector
To register, download the form and send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For any queries, send us an email or message us on our social media.